South Fence Machinery Ltd is a privately owned New Zealand company whose history dates back to the 1930’s.
Originally known as NZ Fence & Gate Works the company operated from a small factory at Petone, in the Wellington industrial area, manufacturing wire products for local distribution.
Over the ensuing years the company – then known as Hurricane Wire Products Ltd. – grew rapidly to become recognised in New Zealand as an industry leader in the manufacture of wire based commodities.
During the same period the Engineering Division was established and the design and manufacture of Hinge Joint Field Fence machines began in 1977. The machines soon gained international recognition.
In 1986 the wire products division of Hurricane Wire Products Ltd was sold and the Engineering Division became South Fence Machinery Ltd. This enabled the company to concentrate all its resources on the design and manufacture of machinery for the wire industry.
South Fence Machinery Ltd is dedicated to:
- Designing and manufacturing the highest quality wire product machinery for the worldwide market.
- Carrying out general engineering work of the highest standard.
- Providing the best and most competitive quality products through innovative techniques and dedicated product support.
- Committing to meeting set objectives by continuous improvement.
- Striving to exceed our customers’ expectations.